(Mid/Senior) Backend Software Engineer (m/f/d) – Python
Share this job
Grow with us – Start your career at IU!
Since its founding in 1998, IU International University has developed into the largest private university for online and dual study programs in Europe. We offer more than 120 career-oriented Bachelor & Master programs in various fields of study. These English and German language programs are all accredited and state-approved. As a pioneer in digital education, we continuously improve the learning experience of our students with the help of innovative technologies and a constant focus on student satisfaction. Our ambitious goals and a constant growth rate of over 50% are only possible thanks to our great team of entrepreneurial thinking & acting employees.
Support our team remotely across Germany starting immediately in full-time/part-time as (Mid/Senior) Backend Software Engineer (m/f/d) – Python
We leverage state-of-the-art NLP and data-driven synthetic teaching use-cases to personalize students’ learning experiences via our virtual teaching assistant. We are at an early stage in our product life-cycle and embrace new ideas, experimentation and innovation.
- Take over responsibility for the development of a complex NLP and data-driven learning assistant
- Analyse the existing systems and develop concepts for a high-performance, service-oriented application landscape
- You work with product owners, data scientists, UX experts and key users and enjoy contributing your own ideas
- Desire for an entrepreneurial climate in an enormously successful company
- Strong understanding of microservice architectures and are an expert in Python
- An independent, goal-oriented and structured way of working rounds off your profile
- Nice to have: experience as a fullstack/frontend developer (especially Vue3)
- You know when it’s more important to plan, refactor, or write some code to test out new ideas.
Our Microservice Landscape is based on FastAPI/Python, connects to PostreSQL, MongoDB and OpenSearch, communicates via REST-APIs and Queues, and is deployed to AWS and Azure.
- You're confident within this stack?
- You're able to build services up from scratch or dig into existing codebases?
- You have experience writing useful tests, analyse logs and debug strange bugs?
- You know when's the right time to do some thorough planing, refactor for future benefits or right away start coding to test out an idea?
Then you are the one we're looking for!
You bring additional skills like Frontend-Development, DevOps experience and more? Even better 🙂
- A versatile and responsible job with a lot of freedom in a cooperative atmosphere
- Localhost: free choice of hardware and IDE
- Attractive career prospects in a strongly expanding entrepreneurial environment
- 100% of the tuition fees for a bachelor's or master's degree programme with a tech degree from the first day of work, as well as other attractive benefits in the area of continuing education
- The possibility of a national and international job change within the company group
- A high degree of time flexibility with a full-time or a part-time model (min. 30h a week), home office
- Head office in Munich, centrally located
- Performance-related salary increase, employee discounts and cooperations
- 30 vacation days
Are you interested in shaping the education sector and becoming part of a great team? Then start your job application now via our careers page.
Learn more about IU International University at www.iu.de.
Unrestricted access to learning is a life-changing concept. We build solutions for digital education that are accessible wherever we go. They’re mobile, always on, and everywhere. Advancing through AI, NLP, Big Data Analytics, IoT, Cloud platforms, and Software Development, we are leading the digital transformation of education in the era of Industry 4.0.
Make collaboration standard practice.
Be courageous and take risks.
Embrace innovation always.
Strive for the empowerment of everyone.
Adopt a growth mindset for scale.
Focus on getting things done on time.
Put customer focus first.