(Mid/Senior) Backend Software Engineer – Python (m/f/d)
Share this job
Grow with us – Start your career at IU International University!
Join our team effective immediately in a full-time / part-time position at one of our locations in Germany or remotely across Germany as (Mid/Senior) Backend Software Engineer – Python (m/f/d).
We leverage state-of-the-art NLP and data-driven synthetic teaching use-cases to personalize students’ learning experiences via our virtual teaching assistant. We are at an early stage in our product life-cycle and embrace new ideas, experimentation and innovation.
- Take over responsibility for the development of a complex NLP and data-driven learning assistant
- Analyse the existing systems and develop concepts for a high-performance, service-oriented application landscape
- Work with product owners, data scientists, UX experts and key users and enjoy contributing your own ideas
- You have a desire for an entrepreneurial climate in an enormously successful company
- You have a strong understanding of microservice architectures and you are an expert in Python
- An independent, goal-oriented, and structured way of working rounds off your profile
- Nice to have: experience as a fullstack/frontend developer (especially Vue3)
Our Microservice Landscape is based on FastAPI/Python, connects to PostreSQL, MongoDB and OpenSearch, communicates via RPC-APIs and Queues, and is deployed to AWS and Azure.
You're confident within this stack? You're able to build services up from scratch or dig into existing codebases? You have experience writing useful tests, analyse logs and debug strange bugs? You know when's the right time to do some thorough planning, refactor for future benefits or start coding right away to test out an idea? Then you are who we're looking for!
You bring additional skills like Frontend-Development, DevOps experience and more? Even better 🙂
- Shape your career: Rapid growth opens up many new opportunities for you. Tell us about your dream career and we'll help you make it happen.
- Work from wherever you want …: Project management tools (e.g. Scrum) and video meetings make it possible: with IU, the boundaries between here and there blur. You want to work from abroad for a while? No problem thanks to our WorkFlex benefits.
- … and flexible time: It's your job: We trust you and give you the greatest possible freedom to organize yourself.
- You have the choice: You are free to choose your equipment, because everyone has its own preferences when it comes to hardware.
- Take your knowledge to a new level: Benefit from a 100% discount on tuition fees for an IU combined degree in the tech sector and many other free training courses. There is always something new to learn.
- Get a good rest: we push ourselves every day to go above and beyond. But we also take the time to recharge our batteries: with 30 days of annual vacation for all employees. Need some time off? What about a sabbatical?
Become part of our Data Science & AI team at Germany's largest university! We develop solutions to further increase our efficiency and productivity – through automation, higher clocking, and better monitoring of our processes.
Sounds like the perfect job for you? Then apply now! If you have any other questions, feel free to contact our Tech Recruiting Team at Tech-Recruiting@iu.org.
Words are followed by actions: We take our "Culture Of Everyone" very seriously and would like to take this opportunity to expressly point out that you are welcome to join us, regardless of your origin, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation. Even if you have a disability, our doors are wide open to you. We look forward to a diverse community here at IU!
Unrestricted access to learning is a life-changing concept. We build solutions for digital education that are accessible wherever we go. They’re mobile, always on, and everywhere. Advancing through AI, NLP, Big Data Analytics, IoT, Cloud platforms, and Software Development, we are leading the digital transformation of education in the era of Industry 4.0.
Make collaboration standard practice.
Be courageous and take risks.
Embrace innovation always.
Strive for the empowerment of everyone.
Adopt a growth mindset for scale.
Focus on getting things done on time.
Put customer focus first.