Professor (m/f/d) Data Management online distance studies
Share this job
%d visitors are currently looking at the job
Grow with us – start your career at IUBH!
The International University of Applied Sciences with its IUBH Campus Studies, IUBH Distance Learning, IUBH extra-occupational studies and IUBH Dual Studies divisions – has become one of the most successful private universities in Germany since its founding in 1998. German and English language bachelors, masters and MBA degree programmes are offered with over 30 specializations for diverse business sectors and areas of responsibility. The spectrum of degree programmes ranges from marketing and business administration to healthcare management, business informatics and business law. All degree programmes are accredited, certified and have received numerous awards, for example from CHE University Ranking, fernstudiumcheck.de and Premium Seals from FIBAA.
Support our team full or part-time starting now (online teaching in distance learning):
Professorship (m/f/d) Data Management
- Responsible for teaching and research in the subject area of Data Management
- Dedicated and professional input to the further development of the distance learning and the creation of an online study program in the area of Data Management
- Conceptualise and develop the online study program by connecting theory and practice, and by using modern teaching methods
- Collaboration with committees and partners involved in shaping higher education
The professorship for Data Management covers topics of the full data processing pipeline, i.e. data ingestion, processing, storage, analysis and reporting. The position emphasizes on cloud infrastructures and experience in building large-scale data-intensive systems in the cloud is a requirement for this position. Applicants should have shown profound knowledge in building and managing systems for handling large amounts of structured and unstructured data in the cloud as well as in managing data-intensive projects in a lean and agile manner. Further requirements include experience in applying European standards for data protection and security to data-intensive systems and knowledge of data analysis techniques and frameworks.
Applicants should have academic education, professional experience, and academic research experience in the following fields:
- Concepts in Data Management
- Database Concepts & Technologies
- Data Query Languages
- NoSQL Databases
- Ethic & societal considerations in Data Management
- Popular cloud providers and offered services
- Cloud solution architectures
- Data Engineering
- Big Data Technologies
- Data Warehousing and Orchestration
- Master Data Management Systems
- Techniques and tools for CI/CD
- Techniques and tools for virtualization and containerization
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- You have several years of professional experience in the field of data management, preferably in SMEs or large companies, and can prove this with a detailed list of the subject areas or projects you have worked on. Ideally, you have leadership experience in industry.
- You demonstrate your research competence through publications in relevant peer-reviewed journals as well as conference contributions. Due to the practice-oriented education in our study programs, practice-relevant publications and industry cooperations are a plus.
- Your application should include a detailed list of the projects you have worked on and led in the field of data management, a list of your most important publications, evidence of previous teaching experience, and a research concept.
- Evidence of applying scientific methods in application and research
- Experience in online teaching preferred but not required
- Diverse and responsible tasks in a rapidly expanding corporate environment
- Profit from our internal training programs; e.g. IUBH distance learning
- Attractive development perspectives with a large scope for designing your own ideas and personal commitment
- Equal opportunities and diversity within the personnel
- Performance-related salary, staff discounts, 30 days paid leave and other benefits
- flexible working hours and location-independent working
If you meet the recruitment requirements and are interested in practical and technically sound teaching in a committed team, then apply online via our career portal.
For further questions please feel free to contact our Recruiting Team: email@example.com
We’re the team that is driving the convergence of students, education, and
industry without limits. We are not just teachers, but the innovators of new ways to work closer with each student and test our collective ideas in industry, in real time. We are closing the gaps between teacher and students, and between students and the workforce.
Make collaboration standard practice.
Be courageous and take risks.
Embrace innovation always.
Strive for the empowerment of everyone.
Adopt a growth mindset for scale.
Focus on getting things done on time.
Put customer focus first.