Professor of Aviation Management in Online Distance Learning (m/f/d)
Share this job
%d visitors are currently looking at the job
IU International University of Applied Sciences – Distance Learning
Germany´s biggest Hochschule! Bring your talent to our body of professors at the IU Internationale Hochschule, a pioneer in digital education. At IU, Innovative teaching, flexibility and a friendly workplace come first.
As of the next possible date, we are looking to fill the following position
Professorship (m/f/d) in the Aviation Management Program
on a full time basis.
You are responsible for:
- The teaching of specific modules on commercial Aviation Management within the field of the Transport & Logistics degree program.
- The development of certain subejct area as well as its study programs.
- The supervision of externally developed course materials.
- The creative development of teaching formats within the didactic concept of the IU International University of Applied Sciences for online studies and furthering our world of digital study in cooperation with colleagues and across departments.
- Occasionally, you may conduct face-to-face seminars at an IU International University of Applied Sciences campus location of your choice.
You will teach or supervise the contents of ractical and application-oriented courses, at both Bachelor and Master degree level, with special focus on:
- Airline and air cargo management
- Aviation transport modes and business models
- Airport management
- Aircraft performance and economics
- Aviation policy, institutions and regulatory issues
- Sustainability and environmental issues in aviation
- Emerging trends in urban air mobility
- Revenue management
- Network and fleet planning
- We are looking for an expert in the subject area of Aviation Management.
- You have completed a doctoral degree (at least cum laude) or PhD.
- You have at least five years of professional experience, including at least three years outside of academia, preferably at an airline, air cargo operator, airport, or aircraft manufacturer.
- You have also gained experience teaching at university level, ideally, coupled with experience in online teaching or video production.
- You work in a team-oriented manner and will align your thoughts and actions with the long-term goals of the IU International University of Applied Sciences.
- You are collegial, cooperative, and reliable.
- You are innovative and bring your own ideas for the implementation of online teaching in the subject area of Aviation Management.
We are offering:
- Location-independent working from home and flexible working hours.
- A value-driven university environment with flat hierarchies and an informal culture.
- Online teamwork supported by the latest technology.
- 30 days holiday.
- A research-friendly environment.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the university in the medium term.
- Company pension plan.
- Various employee discounts.
For us to be able to consider your application, please submit the following documentation: CV, letter of motivation, doctoral or PhD certificate and a list of publications and your teaching experience.
Knowledge sharing, researching and interaction with students is your passion? Then you'll be in your element at the IU International University of Applied Sciences. As one of the fastest-growing educational groups in Europe, we promote the values of a modern educational institution and are aware of the responsibility of passing on knowledge to future generations. In order to prepare our students in the best possible way for the job market, across a broad range of disciplines, you will contribute to a broad range of projects in the fields of teaching and research and will provide new perspectives for the digitalized world.
You find yourself described here and are looking for a new challenge? Then we look forward to receiving your application via our career portal.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruiting Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please visit www.iu-fernstudium.de.
How does our teaching differ from other universities? It's cool, modern & innovative! We rely on people from the field who want to combine their expertise with theory. The possible activities are wide-ranging, just like the many disciplines: From architecture to engineering to social work, there's something for everyone! And don't worry, you don't necessarily have to have taught before! An overview:
Make collaboration standard practice.
Be courageous and take risks.
Embrace innovation always.
Strive for the empowerment of everyone.
Adopt a growth mindset for scale.
Focus on getting things done on time.
Put customer focus first.