Professor of Mobile Robotics in Online Distance Learning (m/f/d)
Share this job
%d visitors are currently looking at the job
IU International University of Applied Sciences – Distance Learning
- Location-independent, flexible working hours.
- Compatibility of career and family.
- Networking and research.
Innovative teaching at IU International University, a pioneer in digital education.
As of the next possible date, we are looking to fill a position in the distance learning program at the IU International University for a
Professorship (m/f/d) in the study program Mobile Robotics
on a full time or part-time basis.
- You will represent specific aspects of Mobile Robotics.
- You will be responsible for the development of the subject area as well as its study programs.
- You will be involved in the creative development of teaching formats within the didactic concept of the IU International University of Applied Sciences for online studies and expand our world of digital study in cooperation with colleagues and across departments.
- Occasionally, you may conduct face-to-face seminars at an IU International University of Applied Sciences campus location of your choice.
You will teach practical and application-oriented courses, at both Bachelor and Master degree level, with special focus on:
- Kinematics and dynamics for mobile robotics
- Hardware and software design of mobile robots
- Algorithms for mobility and decision making
- Service robots
- Cooperation between mobile robots
Relevant publications in robotics, knowledge of robotics platforms (e.g. ROS/ROS2) and simulation and development environments (e.g. Coppelia, Matlab).
- We are looking for an expert in the subject area of Mobile Robotics.
- You distinguish yourself on both professional and personal levels.
- You have completed a doctoral degree (at least cum laude) or PhD.
- You have at least five years of professional experience, including at least three years outside of academia.
- You have also gained experience teaching at university level, ideally, coupled with experience in online teaching or video production.
- You work in a team-oriented manner and will align your thoughts and actions with the long-term goals of the IU International University of Applied Sciences.
- You are collegial, cooperative, and reliable.
- You are innovative and bring your own ideas for the implementation of online teaching in the subject area of Mobile Robotics.
We are offering:
- Location-independent working from home and flexible working hours.
- A value-driven university environment with flat hierarchies and an informal culture.
- Online teamwork supported by the latest technology.
- 30 days holiday.
- Part-time options, starting from 20 hours per week.
- A research-friendly environment.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the university in the medium term.
- Company pension plan.
- Various employee discounts.
For us to be able to consider your application, please submit the following documentation: CV/letter of motivation/doctoral or PhD certificate/list of publications.
Knowledge sharing, researching and interaction with students is your passion? Then you'll be in your element at the IU International University of Applied Sciences. As one of the fastest-growing educational groups in Europe, we promote the values of a modern educational institution and are aware of the responsibility of passing on knowledge to future generations. In order to prepare our students in the best possible way for the job market, across a broad range of disciplines, you will contribute to a broad range of projects in the fields of teaching and research and will provide new perspectives for the digitalized world.
You find yourself described here and are looking for a new challenge? Then we look forward to receiving your application via our career portal.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruiting Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please visit www.iu-fernstudium.de.
We’re the team that is driving the convergence of students, education, and
industry without limits. We are not just teachers, but the innovators of new ways to work closer with each student and test our collective ideas in industry, in real time. We are closing the gaps between teacher and students, and between students and the workforce.
Make collaboration standard practice.
Be courageous and take risks.
Embrace innovation always.
Strive for the empowerment of everyone.
Adopt a growth mindset for scale.
Focus on getting things done on time.
Put customer focus first.