Professsor Data Management (m/f/d)
Diesen Job teilen
%d Besucher:innen sehen sich gerade den Job an
Grow with us – start your career at IU international university of applied sciences (hereafter: “IU”)!
You are passionate about passing on knowledge, conducting research, and interacting with students? Then you will be in your element at IU? Then you are in your element at IU. As one of the fastest growing educational groups, we represent the values of a modern educational institution and are aware of the responsibility of passing on knowledge to future generations. In order to ideally prepare our students for the job market in a wide variety of fields, you will teach various topics, conduct research, and provide new perspectives in the digitalized world.
As a pioneer in digital education, IU offers private and state-recognized degree programs in IT management via online teaching.
Support our team full- or part-time starting now (online teaching via distance learning):
Professor (m/f/d) Data Management
- Responsible for teaching and research in the subject area of Data Management
- Dedicated and professional input to the further development of the distance learning and the creation of an online study program in the area of Data Management
- Conceptualise and develop the online study program by connecting theory and practice, and by using modern teaching methods
- Collaboration with committees and partners involved in shaping higher education
The professorship for Data Management covers topics of the full data processing pipeline, i.e. data ingestion, processing, storage, analysis and reporting. The position emphasizes on cloud infrastructures and experience in building large-scale data-intensive systems in the cloud is a requirement for this position. Applicants should have shown profound knowledge in building and managing systems for handling large amounts of structured and unstructured data in the cloud as well as in managing data-intensive projects in a lean and agile manner. Further requirements include experience in applying European standards for data protection and security to data-intensive systems and knowledge of data analysis techniques and frameworks.
Applicants should have academic education, professional experience, and academic research experience in the following fields:
- Concepts in Data Management
- Database Concepts & Technologies
- Data Query Languages
- NoSQL Databases
- Ethic & societal considerations in Data Management
- Popular cloud providers and offered services
- Cloud solution architectures
- Data Engineering
- Big Data Technologies
- Data Warehousing and Orchestration
- Master Data Management Systems
- Data Ops
- Techniques and tools for CI/CD
- Techniques and tools for virtualization and containerization
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- You have several years of professional experience in the field of data management, preferably in SMEs or large companies, and can prove this with a detailed list of the subject areas or projects you have worked on. Ideally, you have leadership experience in industry.
- You demonstrate your research competence through publications in relevant peer-reviewed journals as well as conference contributions. Due to the practice-oriented education in our study programs, practice-relevant publications and industry cooperations are a plus.
- Your application should include a detailed list of the projects you have worked on and led in the field of data management, a list of your most important publications, evidence of previous teaching experience, and a research concept.
- Evidence of applying scientific methods in application and research
- Experience in online teaching preferred but not required
- Diverse and responsible tasks in a rapidly expanding corporate environment
- Profit from our internal training programs; e.g. IUBH distance learning
- Attractive development perspectives with a large scope for designing your own ideas and personal commitment
- Equal opportunities and diversity within the personnel
- Performance-related salary, staff discounts, 30 days paid leave and other benefits
- flexible working hours and location-independent working
If you meet the recruitment requirements and are interested in practical and technically sound teaching in a committed team, then apply online via our career portal.
For further questions please feel free to contact our Recruiting Team: email@example.com
Wir heben die Grenzen auf und bringen Studierende, Bildung und Industrie zusammen. Wir sind nicht einfach nur Lehrende – wir sind Innovatorinnen und Innovatoren. Wir gehen neue Wege, um eng mit den Studierenden zusammenzuarbeiten und unsere gemeinsamen Ideen in der Wirtschaft zu testen, in Echtzeit. Wir schließen die Lücken zwischen Lehrenden und Studierenden ebenso wie die zwischen Studierenden und Arbeitskräften.
Mache Kollaboration zu deinem Prinzip
Sei mutig und setze auf Risiko
Sei offen für Innovation
Gib alles, um alle anderen zu stärken
Entwickle dein growth mindset
Achte auf dein Zeitmanagement
Gib unseren Kunden Priorität