DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Share this job
Grow with us – Start your career at IU International University!
Since its founding in 1998, IU International University has developed into the largest private university for online and dual study programs in Europe. We offer more than 120 career-oriented Bachelor & Master programs in various fields of study. These English and German language programs are all accredited and state approved. As a pioneer in digital education, we continuously improve the learning experience of our students with the help of innovative technologies and a constant focus on student satisfaction. Our ambitious goals and a constant growth rate of over 50 % are only possible thanks to our great team of entrepreneurial thinking & acting employees.
Become part of our team as DevOps Engineer (m/f/d). Start immediately in full-time at our location in Munich or Remote (Germany-wide).
- Responsibility for the further development and operation of the AWS cloud architectures for the areas of data warehouse and data science
- Set up and maintenance of CD/CI for service development
- Hosting, connection, and maintenance of AWS/Azure environments and other third-party services
- Infrastructure tasks to provide and operate internal services
- Analysis of the existing setup and proactive development of security, scaling, and automation concepts. Provision of an easily maintainable infrastructure for dev, staging, and production described as code
- Driving the company-wide cloud strategy using AWS technologies
- Identification of weaknesses in access rights, managed domains, DNS & SSL
- Supporting the further development and optimization of continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Monitoring, reporting, failover, and recovery, as well as accompanying documentation and implementation of regular and proactive audits
- Successfully completed studies in the field of computer science or a comparable field of study and practical experience as a DevOps developer (m/f/d)
- Excellent knowledge of AWS, basic skills in Azure and Linux-based environments
- Relevant experience in the use of virtualization, containerization, monitoring, continuous deployment, and integration
- Knowledge of a language for automation (e.g. python)
- Distributed systems and high availability are more than just buzzwords for you
- Confident team player, organizational talent, and strong communication skills
- Independent, goal-oriented, and structured way of working
- Fluent in English, knowledge of German is an advantage
- A versatile and responsible job in a cooperative atmosphere
- A lot of freedom to develop ideas and create personal impact
- Attractive career prospects in a strongly expanding entrepreneurial environment
- 100% cost coverage of bachelor's and master's degree programs with a tech focus
- Numerous upskilling opportunities
- Competitive compensation and performance-based salary increase
- Several employee discounts and benefits
- Options of temporarily working from abroad
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Flex work and home office
- 30 vacation days
Are you interested in shaping the education sector and becoming part of a great team? Then start your job application now via our careers page.
Learn more about IU International University at www.iu.de.
Unrestricted access to learning is a life-changing concept. We build solutions for digital education that are accessible wherever we go. They’re mobile, always on, and everywhere. Advancing through AI, NLP, Big Data Analytics, IoT, Cloud platforms, and Software Development, we are leading the digital transformation of education in the era of Industry 4.0.
Make collaboration standard practice.
Be courageous and take risks.
Embrace innovation always.
Strive for the empowerment of everyone.
Adopt a growth mindset for scale.
Focus on getting things done on time.
Put customer focus first.